Sooo…. I’m pretty sure, just about everybody fell off the wagon this past week or so, yeah? Or possibly slipped off the wagon and catapulted to another state. Does that sound more accurate?? Hah!
Well, Indulging once in a while is completely healthy and normal, but it can also cause feelings of guilt and failure. Don’t fret! This is normal. One day or even a couple days of overindulgence will not set you too far back! Follow the steps below to help yourself navigate back on track.
1. Relax. It is somewhat likely that you are spazzing out, believing that you will gain all the weight back you worked so hard to lose because you overindulged a little…or possibly a lot. Hah! It happens. At the most, you may have gained 2-5 pounds, but this could also be water weight from eating too much salt, or the added weight of food in your digestive track still waiting to be expelled. Who knows, or maybe you legitimately gained those pounds, but hey, you lost them once, you can do it again! Moving forward!
2. Juice! Make sure to juice some fresh greens or other veggies. Or simply eat lots of raw fruits and veggies in order to cleanse your system. The vitamins and minerals combined with the fiber will help detox your bod and get your taste buds back to normal and off the salt/sugar fixation.
4. Drink your water. Try to aim for 8 cups each day and you’ll feel the difference! Add some lemon to it for extra cleansing! It also helps to curb your appetite and adds awesome nutrients, immune system, and metabolism benefits.
5. Track your intake in a food journal. No matter how it adds up, you’ll learn from it. And depending how long you fell off the wagon, it may help you to recall how much you’ve really been eating. TRACK IT.
6. Move it. Make up your mind to do some sort of movement for 30 minutes. Ride your bike. Even a leisurely ride has benefits for your body and mind. If you’re not feeling motivated, don’t choose to just do nothing! Take a walk. Don’t worry about how long or far you go—just get out there!
Ha! If you feel this will help anyone that you know, be sure to share or forward! Have a beautifully blessed day! Stay tuned!
Also! Remember tomorrow is First Friday Freeday!
50% Weightloss Group Sessions that are beginning in March! Contact me for details!